Daphne M. Anneet
Partner - Los Angeles
Daphne Anneet is a partner in Burke, Williams & Sorensen’s Los Angeles office. She is Vice-Chair of the firm’s Labor and Employment Practice Group.
A skilled litigator, Ms. Anneet has achieved excellent results for clients in state and federal court, as well as in administrative proceedings. She represents public and private employers in a wide range of matters including class actions, wrongful termination, discrimination and harassment litigation, pension litigation, unfair labor practice disputes, arbitrations, disciplinary appeals, and appellate matters. Ms. Anneet has served as lead defense counsel in a number of class action lawsuits over the past decade and has a proven track record of achieving successful results in a variety of creative and cost-effective ways. A graduate of the prestigious LA County Bar Association’s Trial Advocacy Project, Ms. Anneet has served as a pro city attorney prosecutor.
In addition to her labor and employment litigation practice, Ms. Anneet serves as lead negotiator in collective bargaining for the City of Hemet. She also currently provides labor relations services on an as-needed basis for a number of cities and special districts.
Ms. Anneet conducts independent internal investigations of complaints involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, workplace misconduct, and alleged conflicts of interest. She has also written and lectured on a wide array of employment issues for many organizations at their annual training conferences and conventions, including the Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA); Professionals in Human Resources Association (PIHRA); California Public Employers Relations Association (CALPELRA); League of California Cities; Association of California Water Agencies; Southwestern Law School; and, Southern California Public Labor Relations.
Ms. Anneet received her Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from Southwestern Law School, where she was awarded the Outstanding Woman Legal Graduate award. Since her graduation, Ms. Anneet has remained an active alum. She has served as an Adjunct Faculty member and currently serves on Southwestern’s Board of Trustees.
Ms. Anneet is an active member of several professional organizations. She is an Executive Board member of the Labor and Employment Law Section of the LA County Bar Association and an affiliate member of CALPELRA. Ms. Anneet is the Immediate Past President of the National Association of Women Business Owners-LA, an organization representing more than 500,000 women business owners in greater Los Angeles.
- Metropolitan Water District v. Superior Court
- Haro v. City of Rosemead
- Sonora Diamond Corp. v. Superior Court
- Contracting Out Under Siege: The Potential Impact of Costa Mesa City Employees' Association v. City of Costa Mesa, League of California Cities 2013 City Attorneys Spring Conference, May 9, 2013
- The Contingent Workforce, Joint Powers Insurance Authority, Southern California Human Resources Group Meeting, February 21, 2013
- The Contingent Workforce, Joint Powers Insurance Authority, Northern California Human Resources Group Meeting , January 16, 2013
- An Eye on the Future for Public Employers - Surf, Twitter, and Blog in the Workplace, 03.01.2010
March 2010 Public Law Update
- The Top 10 Things that Employers Need to Know About the New FMLA Regulations, 02.01.2009
February 2009 Public Law Update