M. Carol Stevens
Partner - Silicon Valley
M. Carol Stevens, a partner in the law firm of Burke, Williams & Sorensen, LLP, has practiced employment and labor relations law for public agencies in California since 1978. One of the leading legal practitioners in the field of public employment law, Ms. Stevens is frequently invited to deliver keynote addresses at conferences and statewide training programs. Ms. Stevens co-presents several of the Labor Relations Academies offered by California Public Employers Labor Relations Association (“CALPELRA”), including Labor Relations Academy 8: Negotiating Pension Benefits And Retiree Medical Health Benefits.
Ms. Stevens advises employers in nearly all facets of labor relations and employment litigation. For more than 30 years, Ms. Stevens has represented public employers in negotiations with employee organizations, pension matters, grievance and interest arbitrations, PERB proceedings, state/federal courts, and other administrative procedures. Ms. Stevens is well known for creatively resolving difficult and complex labor relations disputes.
- Burke Attorneys Presented at CALPELRA's 2012 Annual Training Conference, Monterey Conference Center, December 5 - 6, 2012
- The Negotiations Process, CALPELRA's 2012 Annual Training Conference, December 4, 2012
- Negotiating and Implementing the Pension Reform Act, CALPELRA's 2012 Annual Training Conference, December 3, 2012
- Implementing A Non-Negotiable Decision Before Completing Bargaining On Negotiable Effects, June 2011
June 2011 Public Law Update
- Disability Discrimination in the California Workplace, 2011
CPER Pocket Guide
- Implementating a Non-Negotiable Decision Before Completing Bargaining on Negotiable Effects, September 2010