- T: +1 510.273.8780
- D: +1 510.273.8776
- F: +1 510.839.9104
Dana Cohn is an associate in Burke’s Oakland office. She is a member of the Public Law and Litigation Practice Groups and provides advisory and litigation services to public entities throughout California.
Dana represents public agencies defending a variety of claims in civil and administrative courts. She prepares dispositive motions, negotiates with opposing counsel to craft settlements agreeable to all parties, and engages in client and witness preparation for both direct testimony and questions on cross-examination. These experiences have provided Dana with an in-depth understanding of how to best serve clients and anticipate likely issues prior to them arising.
Dana also has a wealth of experience providing counsel on Political and Election Law issues. She has worked on political campaigns throughout California and across the nation, most recently as the Deputy Voter Protection Director for the Hillary Clinton campaign in Nevada. She is well versed in California’s political regulatory acts, including the Political Reform Act, the Public Records Act, and the Brown Act.
Dana holds a dual degree in Political Science and Rhetoric from the University of California, Berkeley, and received her Juris Doctor from the University of California, Hastings College of Law. She was the Executive Symposium Editor for the Hastings Women’s Law Journal and spearheaded the journal’s 25th Anniversary Symposium, with keynote speaker House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi. During law school, Dana externed for the BART Office of General Counsel, the Fair Political Practices Commission, and the Los Angeles City Attorney.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of Law, 2014
- B.A., Political Science and Rhetoric, University of California, Berkeley 2007
- State Bar of California
- District of Columbia Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- Alameda County Bar Association
- Queen’s Bench Bar Association