- T: +1 510.273.8780
- D: +1 510.903.8841
- F: +1 510.839.9104
Michael Slater is an associate attorney in Burke, Williams & Sorensen’s public law and litigation practice groups. Michael’s practice areas include government tort liability, civil rights, constitutional law, personal injury and wrongful death. Prior to joining Burke, Michael defended complex tort actions in both state and federal courts. Michael has substantial civil litigation experience, including pleadings, law and motion, discovery, alternative dispute resolution and enforcement of judgments.
Michael earned his J.D. from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. As a law student, Michael served as a Judicial Extern for Federal Magistrate Judge Kandis A. Westmore, United States District Court for the Northern District of California (Oakland). Michael was also a member of Hastings’ National Moot Court Competition team, Moot Court Executive Board, and Pro Bono Society for the Class of 2017.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2017
- B.A., Eugene Lang College of The New School for Liberal Arts, with honors, 2012
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Alameda County Bar Association