- T: +1 415.655.8100
- D: +1 415.655.8123
- F: +1 415.655.8099
Randall Block represents businesses in commercial, real estate and insurance coverage and bad faith disputes. He has successfully prosecuted and defended a broad range of matters including ownership disputes, eminent domain proceedings, judicial foreclosure actions, commercial landlord-tenant disputes, complex homeowners association claims, general contract and commercial matters, and land-use matters. With more than 30 years of experience resolving real estate and commercial disputes, he seeks to provide his clients efficient and cost-effective solutions by distilling complicated problems into manageable challenges. Randall has appeared in state and federal courts from California to Delaware. His practice includes arbitration, mediation, and the workout of disputes in addition to more traditional litigation.
- Representation of clients in all manner of condemnation proceedings, including successful handling of motions for possession in furtherance of condemnation.
- Successful representation of a software company in an international breach of contract dispute.
- Representation of lending institution in a foreclosure action resulting in recovery of real property and a $9.1 million money judgment.
- Defense of real estate brokerage company in alleged action for theft of trade secrets.
- Defense of an information supplier in an international licensing dispute.
- Representation of a real estate company in multimillion dollar dispute over claim of ownership of more than 600 acres in Sonoma County.
- Representation of a multinational drug company in an international patent and trade secret case.
- Prosecution of a large commercial fraud case resulting in a favorable settlement of over $100 million.
- Prosecution of an action for trademark infringement against a former officer turned competitor.
- Defense and dismissal of a major California corporation in three class action cases involving over $400 million in damages.
- Favorable resolution on behalf of a large insurer of a complex coverage dispute with potential exposure of $5 billion.
- J.D., cum laude University of Wisconsin Law School, 1985
- Fulbright Scholar, (German Literature and Economics) Philips Universitat, Marburg, Germany, 1978
- B.A., Mathematics and German Literature, Swarthmore College, 1978
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- State Bar of California, Commission on Judicial Nominees Evaluation
- State Bar of California, Real Property Law Section - former Chair and now Advisor
- East Bay Agency for Children - formerly on the Board of Directors, two years as Chair
- Legal Services for Children - Volunteer Attorney