- T: +1 650.327.2672
- D: +1 650.681.8306
- F: +1 650.688.8333
Yi-Fan (“Yvonne”) C. Everett is an associate attorney in the firm’s Silicon Valley office and is a member of the Labor and Employment Practice Group. Yvonne represents and counsels private and public entities in labor and employment matters.
Yvonne regularly counsels employers on various labor and employment issues, including reviewing and drafting workplace policies and employee handbooks, conducting internal investigations of employment complaints, negotiating labor agreements, and training human resources professionals and managers regarding labor and employment law compliance matters.
Yvonne has also successfully handled cases in state and federal courts in a wide range of labor and employment disputes, including claims of discrimination, retaliation, harassment and wage and hour disputes. She has also represented employers in relation to administrative charges before the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE), the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Prior to joining Burke, Yvonne gained invaluable experience working in a litigation boutique where she represented employees in individual and class action lawsuits. This experience has enabled Yvonne to have great success in defending employers because of her unique insight into employee claims.
While in law school, Yvonne concentrated on employment and labor law and served as a law clerk with the U.S. EEOC Commissioner Jenny Yang, U.S. EEOC Administrative Law Judge Cynthia McKnight, and the AFL-CIO’s Office of General Counsel. She also served as a judicial intern with the Honorable James E. Boasberg of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia and worked as a summer law clerk at the Oakland Office of the Federal Public Defender—Northern District of California.
- J.D, cum laude Georgetown University Law Center, 2014
- LL.M., University of California, Berkeley Boalt Hall School of Law, 2010
- M.A., National Taiwan University, 2007
- LL.B., Law; B.A., Journalism (Dual Degree), magna cum laude National Chengchi University, 2001
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Asain Pacific American Bar Association of Silicon Valley
- California Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction (CALI) Excellence for the Future Award, Employment Law - 2013
- Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction (CALI) Excellence for the Future Award, Torts - 2012