- T: +1 510.273.8780
- D: +1 510.903.8815
- F: +1 510.839.9104
Denise Bazzano is a member of Burke’s Public Law Practice Group where she leverages her multi-faceted experience in municipal law and litigation to assist public entities in a variety of legal and regulatory matters.
Denise advises city councils and staff on a wide range of both transactional and litigated matters including issues relating to code enforcement, cannabis regulation, criminal prosecution, contracts, land use, public works projects, animal control, purchasing and liability exposure. Her experience also includes reviewing policies, procedures and projects to ensure compliance with state and federal codes, including the California Environmental Quality Act, the Brown Act, the Public Contracting Code and the Public Records Act. Denise also provides training to city councils and staff to ensure compliance with AB 1234 obligations.
Denise previously served as a Deputy City Attorney for the City of San Jose, where she managed a complex and diversified caseload covering municipal, construction, environmental, tort, police civil rights, and criminal law.
- J.D., Golden State University School of Law, 2001
- B.S., Business Administration, Saint Mary's College of California, 1995
- State Bar of California
- Central Valley City Attorneys' Association<
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Public Law Section
- Contra Costa County City Attorneys Association
- Brown Act: The Importance of Sticking to Your Agenda
- Brown Act: Avoiding Violations by Responding to Cease and Desist Letters
- Using The “Committee Exception” To Exclude Public Comment At Special Meeting Violates Brown Act
- Access to Private Entity Records is Not Enough to Compel Disclosure Obligations Under CPRA