- T: +1 650.327.2672
- D: +1 650.681.8318
- F: +1 650.688.8333
Douglas Dal Cielo specializes in general business litigation and family law. Areas of expertise include real estate, business torts, employment litigation, and corporate disputes. He possesses significant trial experience, including eight jury trials and over 15 court trials. Doug’s last two jury trials resulted in verdicts for his clients in excess of $12 million and $2 million on behalf of plaintiffs. He has taken over 300 depositions, and served as a court appointed arbitrator and mediator. Recent accomplishments include the settlement of a $5 million shareholder dispute on behalf of the minority shareholder, a $3.2 million wrongful termination and fraud claim on behalf of the plaintiffs, a $1.6 million mechanic’s lien foreclosure action on behalf of the claimant contractor, and a $12 million jury verdict on behalf of a plaintiff in an elder abuse claim in Santa Clara County.
- Jane Doe v. John Doe (Real Estate and Elder Abuse Litigation). Prosecuted elder abuse and fraud claim on behalf of plaintiff Jane Doe in Santa Clara County before Judge William J. Elfving. Jury awarded over $12 million in compensatory and punitive damages following a three-week trial.
- Angel v. Sutter Health, Sacramento County Case No. 34-2009-00055279, (Wrongful Termination Litigation). Represented plaintiff Marie Angel in a wrongful termination FEHA claim against Sutter Health before Judge Trena H. Burger-Plavan. Following a three-week jury trial, Angel was awarded $1,551,435 in damages and $431,255 in attorney’s fees and costs.
- Orlando v. Eldridge, Santa Cruz County Case No. CV-1642 (Real Estate Litigation). Court granted permanent injunction requiring neighbor to tear down home remodel built in violation of subdivision’s CC&Rs. Seven-day court trial in Santa Cruz County.
- In Re: Kindelberger, Alameda County Case No. AF?15757345 (Marital Dissolution). Represented petitioner Daniel Kindelberger in marital dissolution before Judge Noel Wise.
- In Re: Diskin, Santa Clara County Case No. 6-12-FL-008980 (Marital Dissolution). Represented respondent Rocio Diskin in marital dissolution before Judge Theodore C. Zayner.
- In Re: Jackson, Santa Clara County Case No. 1-11-FL-157366 (Marital Dissolution). Represented respondent Thomas Jackson in marital dissolution before Judge Julie A. Emede.
- Rahimi v. Business Team, San Francisco County Case No. CGC-08-478527 (Business Litigation). Defended Business Team in a three-week jury trial in San Francisco County before the Honorable Ernest H. Goldsmith. Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of the seller’s agent.
- Segal v. Business Team, JAMS Reference No. 1100048946 (Business Litigation). Defended the business broker in a fraud and breach of fiduciary duty case. The matter involved a binding arbitration in front of Judge Eugene Lynch (Ret.) in San Francisco. The award was in favor of Business Team, including the award of approximately $275,000.00 in attorneys’ fees.
- Alvand Construction v. Republic Properties, JAMS Reference No. 111001947 (Mechanic’s Liens). Prosecuted the mechanic’s liens foreclosure action on behalf of contractor Ray Nezhad. The case involved a binding arbitration in front of Judge Joseph Biafore (Ret.) at JAMS in San Jose. The claimant was awarded $1.6 million in damages, including over $300,000.00 in lost profits and attorneys’ fees.
- In Re: Koo Family, Santa Clara County Case No. 1-05-PR-157365 (Probate Litigation). Represented several siblings in a claim prosecuted by the oldest son concerning attempts to recapture “gift” money. The case was tried for approximately three weeks in front of Judge Thomas Edwards in Santa Clara County. The decision resulted in favor of the three younger siblings.
- Path Productions v. Pacific Marketing Works, Los Angeles County Case No. BC 352762 (Business Fraud and Wrongful Termination). Prosecuted this claim on behalf of partners Michael and Nicole Colovos in Los Angeles County. Claimants were designers of expensive jeans whom were terminated and forced out of the business. The case settled after the commencement of a jury trial for the sum of $3.2 million.
- Herman v. Imperial Premium Finance Corp, (Unfair Competition/Business Practices). Defended a consumer class action against a premium finance company, including claims of unfair business practice, relating to the usage and non-return of unearned and returned premiums. The case was venued in San Francisco County.
- J.D., with Honors, Santa Clara University School of Law, 1991
- B.A., University of California, Davis, 1988
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- California State Bar Association
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating