- T: +1 415.655.8100
- D: +1 415.655.8124
- F: +1 415.655.8099
Kara DiBiasio handles all aspects of real estate litigation, including commercial and retail CC&R disputes, development agreements, and other breach of contract claims, purchase and sale, leaseholds, and eminent domain. Kara’s practice also encompasses commercial matters, including partnership and contract disputes.
Kara has represented Fortune 500 companies, business owners, property owners, retailers, public utilities, private individuals, landlords and tenants in matters involving shopping centers, mixed use projects, industrial properties, and master plan communities.
Kara has resolved cases for her clients through jury trials, motion practice, and settlement including mediation. Kara has extensive case-handling experience in all aspects of litigation, including pre-lawsuit counseling, initial investigation, managing discovery, handling large document productions, taking depositions, and motion practice.
Kara earned her J.D. from UC Davis, where she was a member of the Moot Court Board and winner of the 43rd Annual Neumiller Moot Court Competition. Kara graduated as a member of the Order of the Barristers for excellence in oral advocacy. During law school, Kara interned at the California Department of Justice in the Office of the Attorney General working in the Appeals, Writs and Trials division.
Kara earned her B.A. from California State University, Chico, where she studied political science and graduated summa cum laude. While studying at Chico State, Kara worked in a legal clinic, where she provided legal assistance to tenants and landlords in matters including habitability issues and unlawful detainers.
- Second chaired jury trial between major retailer and developer involving disputes over proposed further development in a power shopping center to intensify uses and use of common areas. Successfully obtained a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction based on evidence of impacts to visibility, parking, and access. In the middle of jury trial, opposing party abandoned all claims. Subsequent settlement reached to ensure no negative impacts of future development.
- First chaired a court trial to successfully obtain restraining orders and an award of attorneys’ fees to protect business interests of a Fortune 500 Company client.
- Represented public utility in eminent domain actions to acquire easements for gas transmission lines.
- J.D., University of California, Davis School of Law, 2013
- B.A., summa cum laude, California State University, Chico, 2009
- California State Bar
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- CREW SF, Rising Leaders Committee Vice Chair
- San Francisco Chapter of the King Hall Young Alumni Association
- Order of the Barristers, UC Davis School of Law
- Winning Team, 43rd Annual Irving L. Neumiller Moot Court Competition