- T: +1 415.655.8100
- D: +1 415.655.8102
- F: +1 415.655.8099
Laurie Gustafson is an accomplished commercial real estate attorney with more than 25 years of experience. Laurie focuses her practice on complex real estate, finance and construction transactions. She assists clients, both private and public, with the acquisition and disposition of commercial real property, due diligence, financing, leasing, design and construction, development and management. She handles a wide range of projects including offices, corporate campuses, retail, restaurant, shopping centers, multi-family, industrial, rural, infrastructure and mixed use. Laurie has also represented numerous cities throughout California as special real estate counsel on real property acquisitions, dispositions and leasing. She has also assisted cities with the negotiation, documentation and closing on affordable housing projects.
Laurie served as the Law Clerk to Chief Justice Edmond W. Burke of the Alaska Supreme Court from 1984-1985.
- Represented an international technology company with the acquisition of a corporate campus (approximately 500,000 square feet) for its regional headquarters.
- Assisted a Fortune 500 technology client with the expansion of its international headquarters; negotiated the purchase of numerous parcels, and drafted the design and construction contracts for a new 185,000 square foot LEED Platinum building and associated parking structure.
- Represented the developer of senior housing projects with the design and construction contracts for construction of new health care facilities.
- Represented the Oversight Boards in Oakland and Emeryville in connection with the Dissolution of the Redevelopment Agencies in Oakland and Emeryville.
- Assisted a national cosmetic company with its leasing of retail space in urban malls and other locations.
- Represented the development arm of a national grocery store chain in its acquisition of three parcels of property from three different public entities for the client’s development of a new town center.
- J.D., University of California, Davis, 1984
- M.A., Southern University, Baton Rouge, 1974
- B.A., Political Science, Phi Beta Kappa, University of California, Berkeley, 1973
- State Bar of California
- Commercial Real Estate Women San Francisco (CREW SF)
- Commercial Real Estate Women San Francisco (CREW SF), 2015 President
- Commercial Real Estate Women San Francisco (CREW SF), Board of Directors 2012-2016
- Commercial Real Estate Women San Francisco (CREW SF), Co-Founder, CREW SF Rising Leaders Group, for members fresher to the commercial real estate industry seeking leadership, development opportunities and mentorship
- 2017 The Registry’s ELEVATE Award - San Francisco Chapter of CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) MVP
- 2016 Nominee for The Registry’s ELEVATE Industry Impact Award
- 2015 San Francisco Business Times Northern California Real Estate Woman of Influence