- T: +1 213.236.0600
- D: +1 213.236.2802
- F: +1 213.236.2700
Daphne Anneet is a partner in Burke, Williams & Sorensen’s Los Angeles office. She is Vice-Chair of the firm’s Labor and Employment Practice Group.
A skilled litigator, Daphne has achieved excellent results for clients in state and federal court, as well as in arbitrations and administrative proceedings. She represents public and private employers in a wide range of matters including class actions, wrongful termination, discrimination and harassment litigation, wage and hour litigation, pension litigation, contracting out disputes, unfair labor practice disputes, disciplinary appeals, and appellate matters. Daphne has served as lead defense counsel in a number of class action lawsuits over the past decade and has a proven track record of achieving successful results in a variety of creative and cost-effective ways. A graduate of the LA County Bar Association’s Trial Advocacy Project, Daphne has served as a pro bono prosecutor.
In addition to her litigation practice, Daphne has served as the Chief labor negotiator for the cities of Alhambra, Corona, Lynwood, Hermosa Beach, and Hemet. She currently provides labor relations services a number of cities, counties and special districts. Since the enactment of AB 646, Daphne has served as an agency advocate for several factfinding proceedings. Daphne serves as General Counsel to the City of Coronado’s Civil Service Commission. As a member of the panel for NAM (National Arbitration and Mediation), Daphne has also served as an arbitrator.
Daphne conducts independent investigations of complaints involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, workplace misconduct, and alleged conflicts of interest. She has also written and lectured on a wide array of employment issues for many organizations at their annual training conferences and conventions, including the Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA); Professionals in Human Resources Association (PIHRA); California Public Employers Labor Relations Association (CALPELRA); League of California Cities; Association of California Water Agencies; Southwestern Law School; and, Southern California Public Labor Relations Council.
Daphne received her Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from Southwestern Law School, where she was awarded the Outstanding Woman Legal Graduate award. She also served on Southwestern’s Board of Trustees.
Daphne is a committee member of the Labor and Employment Law Section of the LA County Bar Association and an affiliate member of CALPELRA. She is a Past President of the National Association of Women Business Owners, LA Chapter.
- J.D., magna cum laude Southwestern Law School
- M.A., University of California, San Diego
- B.A., Trinity College, University of Toronto
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- California Public Employer Labor Relations Association, Affiliate Member
- Association of Workplace Investigators
- Labor and Employment Law Section of the LACBA, Executive Board
- National Association of Women Business Owners-LA (NAWBO LA), Past President
- Technology And Privacy In The Workplace: A Primer For The Public Employer
- The CalPERS Audit: Demystifying The Public Agency Review Process
- Effectively Mediating Employment Disputes: The Mediator’s Prospective
- Understanding Special Compensation: Key Compliance Issues
- The CalPERS Audit: How To Successfully Navigate The CalPERS Audit Process
- New Developments for Industrial Disability Retirements
- Mental Health, Safety, and Workplace Accommodations: Effective Management of Mental Disabilities in the Workplace
- Employment Discrimination 101
- Moving Your Mooring: Best Practices For Guiding And Defending Your Agency Through Contracting Out Decisions
- Impact Bargaining