- T: +1 510.273.8780
- D: +1 510.273.8723
- F: +1 510.839.9104
Jerry Ramiza’s practice emphasizes real estate transactional, land use, and public/private partnership development matters.
Real Estate/Land Use/Public Private Partnerships
Jerry represents private clients and public agencies throughout California in connection with complex real estate and land use matters and transactions. Jerry’s work includes forward planning, assisting with development, land use, entitlement, design review, and permitting processes, environmental review, and CEQA/NEPA compliance. He routinely handles negotiation and documentation of purchase, sale, easement, lease and financing transactions; asset management (including loan administration, property management and landlord/tenant matters); negotiation and drafting of complex development agreements; foreclosures; public trust and tidelands transactions; surplus lands dispositions; workouts and secured transactions; and ancillary matters such as title insurance review, due diligence, environmental risk allocation and hazardous materials/ Brownfields matters. With over 15 years of experience in the redevelopment arena, Jerry is assisting successor agencies throughout the state in the implementation of the redevelopment dissolution act, ABx1 26. He also advises public agency clients in connection with the ferry-system transactions, affordable housing, federal contracting/BRAC process, utilization of federal grants, lease and parking revenue financing and assessment districts.
- Chanate Campus – Currently representing Sonoma County in negotiation and drafting of disposition and development agreement for approximately 117-acre mixed-use project at Chanate Campus in City of Santa Rosa.
- Concord Naval Weapons Station – Currently representing City of Concord in master developer selection process for former Concord Naval Weapons Station property, including negotiation of agreements for disposition and development of 2,200 acres of developable property.
- Gateway Shopping Center – Represented private developer in ground leasing and entitlements for Gateway grocery anchored shopping center in City of Pinole.
- Apple Campus – Negotiated and drafted development agreement for the City of Cupertino for Apple’s new approximately 176-acre corporate campus.
- CVS Pharmacy – Represented owner in ground leasing of property in City of Oakland for development of new CVS store.
- Open Window Project – Represented private developer in negotiation and drafting of master development plan and development agreement for large scale mixed-use project in downtown Stockton, including 1,400 residential units and 200,000 square feet of retail space on 51 individual parcels over 12 city blocks.
- Wheeler Plaza – Represented private developer in negotiation and drafting of disposition and development agreement for a large mixed-use project in the City of San Carlos, including 108 residential units, retail space and a multi-level parking structure.
- Stanford in Redwood City Project – Represented City of Redwood City in negotiation of development agreement and related entitlements for multiple phased construction of 35-acre campus, consisting of 1.5 million square feet of building space and parking facilities for 4,500 vehicles.
- State Street Project – Represented City of Fremont in negotiation of agreements for sale and development of 5.4-acre site in downtown Fremont with 145 multi-family residential units and 21,000 square feet of retail space.
- Alameda Theater – Negotiated and drafted agreements for development of a new multiplex cinema and integration of the new cinema with a restored historic theater. Project involved site assembly, complex easements, ground leasing, and construction and financing of a separate multi-level public parking structure.
- Alameda Bridgeside Shopping Center – Negotiated and drafted disposition and development agreement, including related property acquisition and lease termination agreements, for a new 110,000 square foot neighborhood shopping center, anchored by Nob Hill Foods grocery store.
- Concord Legacy Project – Represented the Concord Redevelopment Agency in connection with the assemblage and disposition of 17 parcels comprising 4.6 acres and development of a 250-unit apartment project located adjacent to the Concord BART station.
- Concord MetroPlex Office Project – Negotiated and drafted owner participation and public improvement agreements for a 475,000 square foot office project.
- Emeryville Center of Community Life Project – Represented the City of Emeryville in negotiation and drafting of joint use, operation and maintenance agreements for a new approximately 180,000 square foot facility providing flexible use space for educational, cultural, recreational, and social programs.
- Emeryville RCD Ambassador Project – Represented the Emeryville Redevelopment Agency in acquisition and assemblage of 5 parcels and subsequent negotiation and drafting of agreements for disposition and development of a 69-unit very low income infill multi-family project financed with a mix of HOME funds and tax credits.
- Emeryville Glashaus – Represented the City of Emeryville in connection with development of a high-density residential project, including a 50-space public parking condominium floor within an otherwise private garage.
- Pilgrim Triton Project – Represented the City of Foster City in negotiation and drafting of a master development agreement and ancillary documents with three institutional owners/investors. The agreement provides for expansion/intensification of a previously developed approximately 20-acre site with up to 296,000 square feet of commercial/industrial office use and up to 730 residential units, including affordable housing.
- Gilead Campus – Represented City of Foster City in negotiation of development agreement and related entitlements for construction of 1,000.000 square feet of additional office/lab space within an existing 500,000 square foot headquarters campus.
- Mare Island Vallejo – Represented City of Vallejo on early transfer acquisition, clean-up and subsequent disposition of over 700 acres of Mare Island property, including negotiation of development and disposition agreements with Lennar Mare Island and transfer and remediation agreements with the U.S. Department of the Navy, State of California State Lands Commission, and Department of Toxic Substances Control.
- The Crossing Project – Represented City of San Bruno in negotiation and drafting of development and owner participation agreements for phased mixed-use development of 20-acre Crossing Project site at I-380 and El Camino with approximately 1,063 residential rental and for-sale units, including 530 affordable housing units, senior housing, hotel uses, restaurant space, and neighborhood serving retail.
- Alameda Ferry System – Represented City of Alameda in the transfer of the Oakland/Alameda and Alameda/San Francisco Ferry Systems to the San Francisco Bay Area Water Emergency Transportation Authority. Project included negotiation and drafting of agreements to effect the transfer of ferry systems assets, allocation of responsibility for ongoing capital projects, establishment of ferry service levels, and allocation and assignment of BCDC permit rights and obligations.
- Represented developer in the land use entitlement process for a 20-unit San Francisco condominium project.
- Represented owner/seller in connection with sale of 66,000 square foot medical office building project.
- Represented developer with the acquisition, financing, and redevelopment of an approximately 12,000 square foot office building in San Francisco.
- Represented owner/investor in connection with $19 million refinancing of a medical office building project in San Francisco.
- J.D., University of California, Davis School of Law, 1994
- B.S., Economics University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Finance, 1988
- State Bar of California
- Alameda County Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute