- BURKE PARTNER RONALD FRANK APPOINTED TO LOS ANGELES COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT
Congratulations to Burke partner Ronald F. Frank who was appointed to a judgeship in the Los Angeles County Superior Court by Governor Brown on July 16, 2015. Ron joined Burke as a partner in 2008 serving as chair of the firm’s Litigation Practice Group.
- BURKE, WILLIAMS & SORENSEN AND WULFSBERG REESE & COLVIG ANNOUNCE THEIR MERGER
Burke Williams & Sorensen and Wulfsberg Reese & Colvig are pleased to announce their merger. Effective September 1, the combination adds to Burke the Wulfsberg firm’s nationally-recognized major construction litigation and counseling practice, together with its broad experience in complex commercial litigation, arbitrations, and trials. Expanding its Oakland office to more than thirty lawyers, Burke will now have over 100 attorneys, with offices in nine locations throughout California, including Los Angeles, Oakland, Orange County, the Inland Empire, Marin County, Palm Desert, San Francisco, the Silicon Valley, and Ventura County.
- August 2015 Prison Break - Correctional Liability Update
Evaluating the Voluntariness of a Confession: Reyes v. Lewis
Valley Fever Litigation Update
Emerging Trends in Law Enforcement Litigation
- July 2015 Prison Break - Correctional Liability Update
Taylor v. Barkes: Further Evolution of the Qualified Immunity Analysis
Walker v. Beard: No Religious Right to Racist Housing Requests
Employment Law Goes to Prison
Objective Reasonableness: Is it the New Norm for All Excessive Force Claims?
- Court of Appeal Affirms School District's Discretion to Locate Charter Schools Under Proposition 39 Read More
- READ ALL NEWS