- Two Burke Partners Named BTI Client Service All-Stars!
H. James Wulfsberg and Cheryl Johnson-Hartwell were recently named BTI Client Service All-Stars. Jim and Cheryl are 2 of just 312 attorneys to receive this distinction. BTI Client Service All-Stars are identified solely and exclusively by corporate counsel at large and Fortune 1000 organizations. Click here to learn more about BTI Client Service All-Stars and how they are selected.
- Burke is pleased to announce that Cheryl L. Johnson-Hartwell has become an owner of the firm.
Ms. Johnson-Hartwell became an owner of the firm effective January 1, 2016.
- Curiouser and Curiouser: Expansion of the Duty to Reasonably Accommodate Disability
For the first time, the California Court of Appeal held that the Fair Employment and Housing Act (“FEHA”) creates a duty to reasonably accommodate an applicant or employee who is associated with a disabled person. The holding of Castro-Ramirez v. Dependable Highway Express, Inc. is unprecedented and there is a possibility that it will be appealed to the California Supreme Court. However, based on this decision, California employers are required to engage in a good faith interactive process to consider reasonable accommodations for an employee or applicant who associates with a disabled person.
- Strategies for Enforcing the Mental Illness Limitation Under De Novo Review Read More
- Identifying Baseline Conditions under CEQA - Back to the Future? Read More
- READ ALL NEWS