- Burke Included in "BTI Most Recommended Law Firms 2016"
The BTI Most Recommended Law Firms 2016 report is out. Burke, Williams & Sorensen, LLP is one of only 55 law firms recommended by top legal decision makers to their peers for its client service for 2 years in a row.
- Court of Appeal Issues Important Clarification of Summer Unemployment Benefits for School Employees
The California Court of Appeal has issued a significant ruling on the rights of school district employees to obtain unemployment benefits during the summer, ruling that substitute teachers and classified employees who receive "reasonable assurance" of returning during the succeeding academic year were not eligible for unemployment benefits for the summer, even if they were unable to obtain employment during the summer school session.
- Court of Appeal Rules that Personnel Investigations are Privileged
On June 8, 2016, the Court of Appeal, First District, ruled that a personnel investigation, performed by an outside attorney investigator, is protected by the attorney-client privilege and the work-product doctrine. City of Petaluma v. Superior Court (Cal. App. 1st Dist. June 8, 2016, No. A145437).
- Answers to Common Employer Questions About Transgender Employees Read More
- Sunnyvale: Trial Between City and Alternative School Over Zoning Comes to a Close
Burke Attorney John R. Yeh cited in San Jose Mercury News Article about Zoning Trial.
- READ ALL NEWS